Saturday, October 13, 2012

Playing Catch-Up

I've sorely neglected to keep this blog updated. So here goes my Summer of 2012, in a nutshell.

A few weeks after the Rocking R Farm show (see previous blog post), I volunteered my time at a Project ASTRIDE fun show. To quote PA's mission statement:

Project ASTRIDE provides therapeutic recreational horse activities for individuals with cognitive or physical challenges.
 I roped my mom into coming along and we ended up spending the better part of a nice Saturday in June watching all the pretty ponies and their riders go through a series of walk/trot tests and other games (barrels, egg & spoon, etc). I had a good time and I think the riders did as well.

Here's a link to the Project Astride smugmg gallery.

So, after the PA show, next came the Lakeview Dressage show. This show was one where I hitched a ride with a couple other barn peeps, plus my barn owner/trainer. So the four of us, plus four horses, headed about two hours east. We had a great time and despite a few minor issues, it was a successful show.

Here's the photographic evidence:

Laura & Geronimo
Laura & Geronimo
Mojo
Laura & Mojo

Laura & Ty
After the Lakeview Dressage show, the next opportunity I had was back at Rocking R Farm for the annual August schooling show. Once again, we had a blast - perfect weather and nice turnout. I think the photos are proof of this.

 I had the opportunity to photograph the Oldenburg Inspections down in Delano, Minnesota. This opportunity came about due to the June show at Rocking R Farm. The usual photographer for the inspections had her own filly to present, so she asked me to stand in. I had a good time. I wasn't sure what to expect but it was fun, nonetheless. 

Here's a link to that album (lots of adorable young colts and fillies).


Next up was the 6th Annual Rocking R Farm Benefit Show (for Project ASTRIDE). Again, lovely show, lovely weather, excellent turnout. I think I captured the moments perfectly. See for yourself.

Stay tuned for the fall happenings at Ashley Blegen Photography.

No comments:

Post a Comment