Saturday, October 22, 2011

An Introduction

I decided, after spending eons of time photographing, editing and uploading counts photos of horses and riders, that I should make a blog solely to showcase my photos. I'm no where near a professional, just an amateur with a passion for photography and a love of horses. Putting those two interests together seemed like a win-win situation for me.

Currently, I am using a Canon EOS Digital Rebel XT and while I absolutely LOVE my Canon Rebel, I secretly covet the Canon EOS Rebel T3i. Why? Because the camera is simply amazing! One day... I keep telling myself.

Without further ado, here are my inspirations for this blog.

Gus



Gus is my '90 model registered Appaloosa gelding. He is my *heart* horse and is truly a joy to have in my life. We've been through more then our fair share of ups and downs (seems like more downs then ups, to tell the truth) but I've stuck with him. The above photos were taken by my father using my Canon. If it wasn't for my dad and my uncle, I don't think my passion for photography would be anywhere near where it is today. Both of them enjoy photography and both had a big influence on me (although both prefer SLR caneras not digital SLR, like myself).

Gringo



Gringo is a '03 model Andalusian/Appaloosa gelding. He is triple registered (IALHA - as a half Andy, Iberian Warmblood, and with ApSHA) and a while nothing like Gus, he too is a special horse. While Gringo isn't started undersaddle yet, plans are in place to hopefully get him going this next spring. 

Tucker


Tucker is my '02 American Cocker Spaniel. He's got a special place in my heart. Enough said. 

And then there are the girls of the feline variety. 

Amelie


Amelie and her sister, Harmonee, are Minnesota transplants. Both cats were adopted while I was at college down in Georgia. Both were born in the summer of 2004, although neither are related. Amelie takes amazing photos, but is such a scaredy cat, so actually obtaining photos of her is nearly impossible.

Harmonee


Like mentioned previously, Harmonee is another one of my girls. She is by far the most personable cat I own and is very photogenic. And unlike Amelie, who always runs off when I take out the camera, Harmonee is nearly in.your.face. With her strikingly blue eyes, you can see why I picked her up as a kitten at the local humane society. 

Gizzi
(aka Devil Cat)

As an adorable 4 week old kitten



The demoness herself... at just over a year old.

Gizzi is a '10 model kitten that wandered up into our yard one summer afternoon. She was barely four weeks old at the time and was as cute as could be. Wormy belly and all. Fast-forward a few months and she's hell with four paws. Definitely a cat with some 'tude.

In the following posts, I'll be showcasing some of my more favorite pieces. Eventually, I'll be updating this blog as I take new photos, least that's the plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment